IT Addict, "High Tech made Simple" / This blog has moved to www.jeremyfain.net

Saturday, July 29, 2006

IHT: "France's mysterious embrace of blogs"


Here's a great article on skyrocketing blogging habits in France, published in the International Herald Tribune's Technology columns.

Just to tease you before you read it, let me just quote this really funny but so true sentence from the article: "We had 16 presidential candidates at the last election, and we will probably have the same number next year," Benjamin Griveaux said. "Every French person wants to run the country - a blog is the next best option."

Loic Le Meur, the Godfather of the French blogosphere, is also quoted in the article.

PS: I knew I had seen this name Benjamin Griveaux somewhere, and I quickly realized I had actually talked to Benjamin Griveaux, an HEC alumni if my memory's correct, an advisor at think-tank A Gauche en Europe , several times when trying to invite French center-left politicians to an AFIDORA symposium at the French Parliament in May 2005. The world's so small...

5 Comments:

  • so, you have a big ego according to what loic said? ;-)

    i am not ok with that, because i do not blog about me ...

    good to read your comments on various blogs i use to read...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/29/2006 07:12:00 AM  

  • You can find the original CRM Metrix press release with numbers (which Jeremy at least likes to crunch): http://customerlistening.typepad.com/baroblogs/baroblogs-France-crmmetrix-June06-english-.pdf

    As a curious sidenote, the most actibe blogging community in Finland is knitting. Really.

    By Blogger Kari, at 7/29/2006 09:01:00 AM  

  • too long url, let's try again... here's the press release: http://snipurl.com/u1qp

    By Blogger Kari, at 7/29/2006 09:02:00 AM  

  • GFA> Of course I have a big ego, all bloggers have a big ego.

    Kari> Many thanks for the link, very interesting report. The information within it I liked most are the following:
    "French Internet users who consult blogs regularly do so to get information (74.4%), to share
    experiences (57%), and to look for advice (56.7%)."

    By Blogger Jeremy Fain, at 7/29/2006 11:25:00 AM  

  • Oups, I forgot that one: knitting??? How can that be possible? I hope most active doesn't mean "biggest".

    I'm sure there are very active cooking or sewing blogging communities too around here. I just happen not to know them. Quite unfortunately. But from time to time, I like bouncing from an Art blog to another, some really foster your creativity and open-mindedness.

    By Blogger Jeremy Fain, at 7/29/2006 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home